As UFPJ honors the 50th Anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington, U.S. Navy Ships approach Syria with the threat of an imminent attack. We can’t help but think back to the words of Dr. Martin Luther King about the travesty of war. Dr. King stated that “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
Please take action and make your voice heard. Let’s stop a US attack in Syria before it starts.
- Sign this petition and help spread it through social media!
- Call the White House at 202-456-1111 or the Switchboard at 202-456-1414
- Call your elected Representatives and Senators in their State or District offices (they are on recess) – Demand NO military intervention in Syria. To find the phone number: http://capwiz.com/fconl/directory/congdir.tt?action=myreps_form
- Organize a peaceful protest, march, vigil at your local communities (city hall, federal building, etc.) anytime this week, call for "NO attacks on Syria!"
- If the U.S. attacks Syria, organize local actions, after the attack begins, either 6PM on same day if the attacks begin during U.S. day time (local Syria evening time), or 5PM the next day if the attacks begin during U.S. evening time (local Syria day time)
Michael McPhearson, Veterans For Peace
Jackie Cabasso, Western States Legal Foundation
Michael Eisenscher, U.S. Labor Against War
Rusti Eisenberg, Brooklyn for Peace
Lisa Fithian, Alliance for Community Trainers (ACT)
Lee Siu Hin, National Immigrant Solidarity Network
Siri Margerin, Civilian Soldier Alliance
Gael Murphy, UFPJ Legislative Working Group
Terry Rockefeller, Peaceful Tomorrows
United for Peace & Justice
Click Here to Donate!
Donations to United for Peace and Justice are tax exempt to the extent permitted by law. The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) is UFPJ's 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor. If you would like to make a donation by check, please make it payable to "FOR" and write "UFPJ" in the memo line. Mail to: P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, New York, NY 10108.